Thursday, March 19, 2015

We Will Have Shirts!

What a day! I finished up the t-shirt design, Facebooked a bunch of posts and shares from the writer's conference, made screens for the shirts (had to make three to get two good ones, aargh.) Broke my phone, Facebooked some more because I'm so excited about the conference, then printed a big pile of shirts. Went through the usual rejection phase where I didn't like it for awhile, but now it's too late for that. I do plan to spend a hour or so handpainting some details like making the shrimp pink on the Jell-O and polka-dotting the skirt. It isn't quite colorful enough but I really didn't want to make it a three-color.

I'm fairly exhausted but did a rewrite on the piece I am going to show for my lab appointment at the conference. Going through the usual rejection period...at least my creative process is consistent. I'll have to get over that, as tomorrow night is the Introvert's Ball and I plan to do some dancing, so I probably won't be writing.

Conference all day tomorrow and all day Saturday, then back to Jell-O Land on Sunday for another rehearsal and a week of finishing props, costumes, getting all my lines and songs down pat. Hope I get a moment to rest, but I might not need it. I'm having such a blast doing all this creative stuff at once!

Want to link my personal blog here as I don't know if I had it on all my cards that I handed out today. I couldn't be happier about hanging around in the community of writers. I feel like I have been waiting a long time to step through that doorway, and all this time the door was open! I just was in the other room keeping busy with other things.



Personal blog http://divinetension.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment