Sunday, March 19, 2023

Oh Golly Gosh

 


Just a week now to do a million things. I'll get most of them done. I printed the shirts yesterday, with my last screen, which I had to use no matter if it came out perfectly or not. Of course it did not. I had to think on my feel and accept imperfection, and if you are a Jell-O artist, you know all about that. 

If you think you will have control of Jell-O, you had better choose another medium. Everything is about not trying to make it do things it doesn't want to do. 

I had fun with the art, very old school in construction, with just the use of ancient pattern films I have a ton of, and a few changes in conception and design as we went. I did not use a pen, just an exacto knife. I did have to reduce it to 85% to fit the screen but that's okay. I lost some quality in the lettering that way but no one will care much about that. 


The shirts are green, which you can't tell in the photo. The contrast is okay. I had some shirts I had to use up, so I knew I was going to do a one-color with black ink, and that turned out to be great, as I was running out of time and energy. It looks great in person and I'm pretty happy with it overall.

Working on some very fun props and I realized this week that for the first time we won't really have much of a set. Mostly just us. It helps to simplify a bit. We might end up throwing some things on stage at the last minute; that's happened before. A big change from 2018 and previous years, when we had a lot of set. We used to have a lot more people in the troupe, too. We are down to a minimum. 

At least one person quit in fear of getting Covid, and another got the covid  before even coming to one rehearsal. So no one got it so far from meeting in person, but of course we still have the show, where I don't predict a lot of masking. We'll see. I got another booster just to help that out. It's a real risk. It will be interesting.

I'm not sure if I am finished making Jell-O or not. Not, I guess. I still have some crowns I can make and should, though I got an easier idea for a piece that will help me in this time crunch. 

Ack. Gotta go practice my lines. See you so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment