Sunday, August 28, 2011

Emphasis on ART



Here I am in the window of the Salon Thursday night. The minute I walked into the show a woman who had been waiting for me asked me all the details about how to do it, which gave me the idea to package up some little bags of it for starter kits for people who please me enough. Simple directions are going to need to be posted periodically I suppose as more people catch on to how fun it is.

Put up a Facebook page for Gelatinaceae and spent a whole lot of hours uploading photos and sending invites to be liked. It's a silly process for a product that has not yet shown that the hours spent will pay off in any material way, but the nonmaterial gains are huge. And I got 80 likes the first day, so you know people like Jell-O.

I didn't know I could have this much fun with work at this point. It's revitalizing. I especially love sitting in the sun on the back deck putting Jell-O pieces together.

Someone asked me for a cake decoration and I think I will try some. I will have to keep them cleaner than usual and make sure no danger will be passed on to the cake but that isn't hard. This is of course an already existing and somewhat conventional use for gelatin art, but I can handle that I guess. It would be cool to get commissioned to participate in weddings and other joyous events.

Made a big yellow rose I thought I might award to the Slug Queen but she apparently has been moving so slowly in her eminent sluggishness that she couldn't make it to Market yesterday. I expect she will at some point. I imagine that she is in such a fluff by now that she isn't thinking about much but when she will get to relax and not be the Slug Queen for a minute. Royalty is a pain, I'm guessing.

Writing an essay in which Jell-O Art features as the hope and key to my future. It makes perfect sense to me, but might not be the first time my tendency to magical thinking takes me down a primrose path. At least I am still exercising my sense of humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment