Friday, October 7, 2011

Slug Art Walk!



The Slug Queen's Slug Art Show opens today at 200 West Broadway. It will be on the Art Walk. Of course there will be Jell-O Art!

I named this piece The Queen Slug. It's about a foot long with the slime and roses. It will be dwarfed by the amazing lime green lit-up floor slug and other items I didn't get to see, but the show will be up for a couple of weeks I hope. This is another show from the Eugene Storefront Art Project which is a very happening group of folks with a fabulous idea that has really improved the downtown. They are actually running out of venues as the properties are improved, so let them know if you have ideas for expanding their programs. And support them! I will have little slugs for sale there, to benefit them, so take one home. You know you want some Jell-O Art of your very own. And kowtow to the Old Queens for me as I won't be able to be there. I'm crushed that I will have two pieces of my art in galleries on the premier gallery street in our town on what might be the best Art Walk of the season! Maybe my absence will just fuel the mystery.

I was working on this as a cake decoration but just couldn't resist gluing on a hairband. It looks amazing on top of my head and it might be one of those I just can't seem to part with.

I also made a couple of new roses which apparently I didn't photograph, so see them at Market on the 15th or at Tuesday Market on the 18th. Only three Tuesdays left in the season, and it looks like we will be back across the street co-selling with the farmers for the rest of the season. Get out and enjoy the great fall weather we are so lucky to have.

No comments:

Post a Comment