Sunday, September 18, 2011

The rest of the world


It seems Jell-O art or whatever the kids are calling it these days, is finding some notice in the east side of the country. I was aware of the Gowanus studios competitions and had heard of the jellymongers of Great Britain, but this Slate article actually poses the question I have often asked myself, can gelatin be art? You know the answer, of course.

Those people are all about the jiggle and the edible, but still it's nice to know I am not the only gelatin fanatic, besides the ones I already know anyway. I wonder if they know about us, or if we are just too podunk to be famous. I'm thinking there is an Old Queen among the Slug Queens who has great connections in NYC who could bring us together someday.

I'm probably going to offer my installation to the Storefront Art Project. It seems like a wonderful place for a corner full of dried ruffles. I guess I have to wait to get the mask back from the Salon, which will happen when I get back from my trip East.

Haven't made any Jell-O at all this week, but I'm anxious to get back to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment